Friday, April 15, 2016

Maple's Makeover: Myka J. Does My Makeup



No two people are alike. I also believe that everyone has her [or his] own way of putting on makeup. I decided to test it out when my sisters and I visited a friend. Myka (http://msdearlady.blogspot.com/) is my youngest sister's best friend from way back when. Her style from mine is from two different ends of a spectrum. I would like to say that she has more edge [ripped jeans, combat boots, and all] while I stay under the simple, almost basic end. When she ask for permission to do my makeup, of course, I had to say yes. I wanted to see how her makeup style would translate on my face.

I brought some of my own makeup for her to play with. She used some of her personal favorites on me as well. I told her to do whatever look she wanted on me and that I would not complain. The picture above is what she came up with. It was dark, sultry, with a bit of grunge, if I say so myself. This is something I would never have thought of doing on my own. It was surprising to see myself differently made up. I was so glad that she used her Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Kae on me. While I wear a lot of brown shades on my lids, this dark lip is far from what I would normally gravitate towards.

This was such a nice experience. The last time I had someone do my makeup was when I graduated from college. From then on, I developed a huge liking for beauty cosmetics and never looked back. Since I enjoyed this so much, I'm going to ask my other friends to do the same thing on me. I will not tell them what to do, they will have all the freedom they want when it came to what should go on my face. Like I said, everyone does their makeup differently. When I get the chance to have my makeup done again, I will do a separate post.

This will be the first of my many makeovers. :)

She also did my hair.
Has any of your friends ever done your makeup?

Love,
Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment