Thursday, May 12, 2016

My first Zoeva Brushes | Filipina Tries Out Zoeva Brushes


A few posts back, I talked about my favorite makeup brushes. In that post, I talked about how much I love affordable brushes. I don't own a lot of expensive brushes aside from one bamboo kabuki brush from Tarte which I barely use. It's not that I don't want to experience these hyped up brushes, it's just that I would rather allot my money on other things like makeup, clothes or food. I keep thinking that if ever I get these brushes, I don't want to get just one. I have been eyeing several brushes from Zoeava and Morphe in the past few months. So when Sephora Philippines had a 15% off discount in its entire site, I grabbed the opportunity and got these brushes. I got a good deal but I still think that I paid a pretty penny for both of these.


The brushes came in separate zip bags (as seen in the photo above) that are sturdy enough to be reused. I could definitely use these when I travel. The two brushes that I got are the ever famous 102 Silk Finish Brush (804 Php) which is usually out of stock in the Sephora Ph site, and the 103 Defined Buffer Brush (804 Php). Like I mentioned before, I love face brushes, so I decided to pick these two.

Here are the brushes up close:



Aren't they beautiful?

Now, let's talk about each individual brush.

Zoeva 102 Silk Finish
On the Sephora site, it says:

The 102 Silk Finish is a vegan foundation brush that helps you achieve a natural, streak-free finish. Its bristles are soft but sturdy, perfect for applying and blending of powder and mineral makeup.

I don't own anything like this. I also got if because I find that a lot of makeup artists on Youtube seem to own this. I will give this brush a whirl using several products to see where this works best. I don't think I like this for powder, maybe for setting my under eyes?

103 Defined Buffer

The description for this brush on the Sephora site is:

The 103 Defined Buffer is a vegan foundation brush specially shaped for a full coverage application of foundation. Its angled head is perfect for applying and blending foundation on the eye and contour areas.

I'm also planning on using this for foundation or BB Creams. I love the shape of this brush. It reminds me of my favorite angled brush from Landmark. The difference, of course, is that this one has a sharper edge compared to the round edge of my beloved brush.

Here they are side by side:



These have such great weight to them. They're so shiny and spanking brand new that I don't want to use them! Of course, that won't happen, since I really do need to use them. Haha.

Now, here are closeups of the handles. They have shiny handles with specks of glitter in them. There are no other words to describe them but beautiful. Better yet, they are vegan. 



I will definitely use these in an upcoming video. 

Have you tried Zoeva Brushes before?

Love,
Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment