Saturday, March 19, 2016

Project Vanity 8th Anniversary: Blogging Workshop

Ms. Liz Lanuzo of Project Vanity
 March 19, 2016

Commune, Makati--It was my first time to attend a beauty blogging event. I am so happy because I got the chance to join Project Vanity's blogging workshop / talk for their 8th year anniversary. It was good to hear about the experiences of established beauty bloggers such as Liz Lanuzo (Project Vanity) herself along with Julia Arenas of Bless My Bag and Atty. Donnarence Masilungan of My Lucid Intervals. They talked about their humble beginnings up until the many opportunities they received because of their passion for beauty and all things related.


Among the topics discussed were:

  • How to take good photos for blogging / Instagram
  • How to increase website traffic
  • How to work with brands
  • How to get connections within the community

There were a lot of takeaways from this event but most of all, there was one question burning inside my head: why am I doing this? At first, I thought it was because I liked fashion. I mean, I do, but there are far more fashionable girls than me. Recently, in the past few years, I have really been drawn to makeup. I became really obsessed with brows. I love watching Youtube beauty videos. It is amazing how much confidence I get from makeup. I like trying different things. This is what I want to share to the world. (Taray, parang beauty queen) I gravitate towards high-end makeup more, to be honest, but that doesn't mean I am not open to the available counterpart. I mean, who doesn't like a good bargain? However, I find that I am more interested in foreign brands. That, I think is what we lack here in the Philippines. Our market has expanded in the last couple of years, new brands come in every few months but there is still a lot to explore. That is where I want to be. I want to be able to give my opinion on these products that takes time and research before the actual splurge. A lot of times, foreign brands do not work so well under the humidity of the Philippines. I want to be a resource of opinion and recommendation. I want to be your new makeup shopping buddy! Just like what my real friends do. It always feels good to help someone.

Atty. Donnarence Masilungan of My Lucid Intervals

Julia Arenas of Bless My Bag
I got starstruck! Liz Lanuzo of Project Vanity

I would like to thank Project Vanity for holding such an insightful and fun event. Congratulations on your 8th year

Love,
Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment