Monday, April 4, 2016

Maple Loves: The Face Shop Design My Eyebrow #2

The Face Shop Design My Eyebrow Pencil
If someone told me that I can only use one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would have to be an eyebrow pencil. I haven't been wearing makeup for that long but I have developed a love affair with eyebrow pencils. I have really sparse eyebrows, so just imagine my glee when I discovered the power of eyebrow pencils.


I do try different kinds of eyebrow products every now and then but I always find myself going back to the same pencil. It's not the product I'm featuring today but I have a long-term relationship with the Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil in #1. I've used that for years and kept coming back to it. The Face Shop Design My Eyebrow Pencil is in the same format as the Etude house one. I'm featuring the Face Shop Pencil because I have been using it for months now. I got this during one of their many 1 + 1 + 1 Promotions. If I'm not mistaken, I got them for 245. It's pricier than my beloved Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil but it works just as well.


It's a dual-ended pencil with a spoolie on the other end. The pencil is what I love the most. It has a slanted-edge which makes it easier to apply. The product is not as waxy as the Etude House Pencil but it is decently pigmented. I am very particular with my eyebrows. I blend them like there's no tomorrow. The spoolie-end of this pencil is a great addition.

How I do my brows


The topmost photo is what my natural brows look like. I have barely-there brows so any help I can get from eyebrow products, I'm sure to make use of.

Here are the steps I take to achieve my desired eyebrows. Remember: Eyebrows are meant to be sisters, not twins.

1. I line the bottom part of my brows to get a general shape.
2. I line the upper part, drawing in my desired arch, which is not much. I am quite a fan of straight and full brows.
3. Once I have my shape, I fill in the entire brow with the pencil. Take note, I make sure to go light on the inner corners of my brows.
4. I blend in starting from the bottom. I comb my brow hairs up and then put quite a heavy hand on the inner corners to blend any harsh lines. I apply a softer touch once I get to the outer corners of my brows because I have lesser brow hairs there. I don't want to erase my handy work.
5. Bottom-most picture: I set my brows with a brow powder starting with the tails for more products and applying what's left on the brush to my inner corners.
6. IMPORTANT: Brush those brows gently. I make sure that it looks natural as possible.

I do not apply concealer around my brows because  I am not fond of the super polished brow looks floating around the internet. I really, really like natural-looking brows.

What about you? What's your favorite brow product?

Love,
Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment