Saturday, March 26, 2016

Filipina Tries On: Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette

Hi there!

I hope you're all having a wonderful holy week, if you are from the Philippines. If not, then I still hope you are having a nice day. :)

For today's 'Filipina Tries On' segment, I would like to talk about my favorite palette as of the moment, the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette. I got this from Sephora Philippines. I actually had to wait for this to come back in stock because it has been out of stock for a while now. Even as I type, it is, again, out of stock at the Sephora PH site. I got this for 1,100++. If you are not willing to wait for this on Sephora, you can find it floating around Instagram or other online cosmetics stores. They are a little bit more expensive, though. Come to think of it, the Sephora PH shipping fee is also expensive. But if you buy a total of Php 1,300, you get free shipping. I just added a pair of nice false lashes to my cart to avail of the free shipping. Mind you, this was my first transaction with Sephora Philippines, but it was smooth and delivery time was short. So, two thumbs up for that. :)


Now, onto the product!

I got this because I had one of those 'Youtube made me do it!' moments. I blame Kathleen Lights for this. I am glad I caved into temptation because it was all worth it.

Now, let's look at the inside of the palette. :)


You get ten, beautiful shades. There's a mix of mattes and satins. The matte shadows blew me away on this one. You know how sometimes matte shadows can be patchy or lacks pigmentation? Nope, not in this palette. The first time I used the left most [off white] shadow in the top row, I wasn't expecting much. But when I put it on my lids, I was in love.

Here are some arm swatches so you can appreciate the intensity of the shadows.


Again, I'm so sorry. I'm still working on taking good photos. The lighting is not very good but these eyeshadows were very easy to swatch. They are so buttery. Applying them on my lids is also a delight because there's hardly any fallout. Now, the selection of colors is very neutral and sexy. I think it's very versatile. You can achieve a daytime or nighttime look depending on your liking. The only downside to this palette is that it doesn't have a lot of highlighting options. There's only one light shade in this palette.

I tried making a look using only this palette and I came up with a recreation of MUA Patrick Ta's makeup look on Gigi Hadid.


The first time I saw this look, I instantly fell in love. I found this the perfect moment to use my Zoeva palette.

Here's the look I came up with. [Bad lighting, sorry]


The look called for a dewy skin, so I had to overload my face with highlight. Like I mentioned before, I used the Zoeva palette for my eyeshadow except for the inner corner and browbone highlight. I had to dip into my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette for the highlight. With the latter being mentioned, I actually prefer the Zoeva palette. It can't be directly compared to the Too Faced Chocolate bar, but this is a very good affordable alternative.

I hope to wear this out soon because it is a lovely look, very neutral and wearable, don't you think?

Let me know what you think on the comments below.

Love,
Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment