Monday, March 21, 2016

Filipina Tries On: Pink Sugar Eye Candy Palette

Pink Sugar Eye Candy Palette
First off, let me explain my title. "Filipina tries on..." The phrase seems to be popular on Youtube nowadays. It's not that exactly but you can find all sorts of "Filipinos try," "Americans try," and so on. SO, I thought maybe I can use it for this blog. You know how cosmetics look different on every skin tone? That's what I was going for. So readers will have an idea how a particular product will look on a particular person. Am I confusing you yet? Anyways, this is somewhat a first impression / review of items that I will be featuring. I want to make this a segment on my blog.

So now, onto the main attraction! In today's "Filipina Tries On," I will be trying the Pink Sugar Eye Candy Palette in 01. :) To those of you unfamiliar with the brand Pink Sugar, it is a Filipino brand that was launched in 2015, if I am not mistaken. They used to only carry scents, but recently they came out with cosmetics. This is the second product I will be trying from the brand.

This retails for Php 699. This line has two palettes and comes with ten eyeshadows. It comes in this very compact, sturdy palette, not to mention cute too. :) 

Now, let's get into the shades...


Pretty right? These shades are perfect for summer. I tried sniffing for scents on this one. I did not pick up any strong scents but there is this powdery, floral scent to it. Anyway, onto the more important part. 

The pigmentation.

Arm Swatches
 I did my best to get good arm swatches. This is my first time doing something like this. Now, for the pigmentation, I must say, I had a hard time swatching the mattes in this palette. There are three mattes in this one and the rest are satins. (Not unless I am blind) The satins were like butter on my fingertips, though. 

I think that this palette has a lot of light and dark shades (obviously) but no in-betweens. By this, I mean shades that you can use for transition. I would have much liked it if there were more mattes. Some of the lighter shades are almost similar in tone. Of course, the real test is by applying them on my eyes. 

I came up with this look...

Malayo ang tingin... 
I did this smokey cat eye with a pop of color. I used mainly this palette and I like how it turned out. I'm used to wearing brown eyeshadows, but this is a refreshing experience for me. I must admit that whenever I dip my brushes on the eyeshadows, there is a load of chalky excess. However, these are easy to blend and are also buildable. 

It is quite pricey if you are on a budget, in my honest opinion. But if you think about it, you get ten eyeshadows! This might not be the best color selection for beginners but, like I always say, to each their own. You do you. :) If you lean towards neutrals, you can get the other palette from the range. 

You can get Pink Sugar from SM Department Stores and Beauty MNL. 

I hope this has been helpful. 

Love,
Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment