Monday, March 7, 2016

Review: iWhite Korea BB.Holic Everyday BB Cream


"Natural looking coverage
Provides the benefit of both Skincare & Makeup"


I got this at Watson's. I am one of those people who go to a place because they need something just to come out with something they had no intentions of getting but got it anyway. GUILTY. To be fair, I was running out of BB Cream. So, when I saw this, I decided to get it. I like iWhite Korea! I have gone through several tubes of their Aqua Moisturizer. This made me curious. It was a BB Cream in a sachet. How often do you see something like that? One pack of two sachets costs Php 24.50


Product Overview

"iWhite Korea BB.Holic Light is a multi-tasking BB Cream that provides several makeup and skincare benefits. It is perfect for everyday use as it is infused with over 10 plant extracts to ensure that your skin is taken care of while looking refreshingly beautiful.

BB.Holic instantly perfects your complexion, provides natural coverage and protection while it nourishes and enhances your skin through its Aroma Herb Complex formulation. It is also infused with active lightening and anti-aging properties to give you multiple benefits from a single application.

iWhite Korea's BB.Holic is brought to you to prove that an effective and quality product can be affordable."

Phew.

Shade

This is available in two shades. The first shade I got was Beige, which I found to be too dark for my NC30 skin. I picked up the second shade and that's the one we will be using in this review. The shade is Light.


Shades Beige (left) and Light (right) in artificial lighting
The shades in natural lighting.


Consistency

When I first squeezed out the product, I thought it was going to be somewhat thick. After several seconds on my fingertips, the product liquefied into a gel-like consistency. It was watery and cool on my skin.



Scent

This product has a scent to it. I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm picking up some coconut scent, which I am not fond of. Nonetheless, it is not disturbing and unpleasant.

My bare skin
Application

Before we go on to what it looks like on my skin, let's talk about my bare skin. As you can see in the photo above, my face is darker than the rest of my body. I don't usually suffer from acne but I do have uneven coloring all over my face. I have some acne marks from when I do get them. My undereye are is also dark from sleepless nights. I have combination to very oily skin. So mind you, I have yet to find a product that will keep my oils at bay. I am not a fan of foundation for everyday use so I use BB creams.

Before putting on the BB Cream, I already applied my iWhite Korea Aqua Moisturizer.

Left side with BB.Holic / Right side bare
It is very easy to apply the BB.Holic on my face. I first use my fingers to spread the cream onto my skin. Afterwards, I use an angled foundation brush to dab it into my face and get rid of the streaks that my fingers have created. I can feel a slight tackiness on my face after application.

Coverage

As you can see from the photo above, the left side of my face is noticeably brighter than the right side. However, this did not conceal my undereye circles and the redness around my nose. With that being said, I don't usually conceal these areas. Like I've mentioned before, I am into light coverage unless I have to go to a special event.

BB.Holic applied all over my skin

Finished Product


No, I don't have lipstick on my teeth. I already checked. XD

This is what my face looks like all done up. I have used my MUFE HD Powder in Transluscent to set my entire face. Oh, I also added some brightening concealer under my eyes. I also added some blush and bronzer. For my lips, I'm wearing Wet N Wild Lipstick in Rose Bud

Wear

This isn't a long-lasting BB cream nor does it claim to be. As I've mentioned, I have very oily skin. I can already see oily patches on my skin after a few minutes of application. Even after setting it with powder, I get shiny. I don't blame the product, it's just my super duper oily skin. After wearing this all throughout the day, it doesn't get patchy. Amazingly, this doesn't cake up as well. It leaves a healthy, glowing sheen on my face.

Recommendation
I highly recommend this to those who are just starting with makeup. This is great for younger girls who don't have a lot to conceal. This is also great to take when going on travels so that you're not lugging around a bottle of your BB cream or foundation.

Review Summary

PROS:

  • affordable (Priced at PHP 24.50)
  • light-weight
  • doesn't cake on my face
  • soothing and brightening
  • great for travel because it comes in a sachet
CONS:

  • limited shades (This comes in only two shades)
  • I don't like the scent. (This could just be me)
  • It doesn't come in a bigger bottle.
  • Not readily available (I found this at only one Watson's branch, SM BF)
There you go! Those are my initial thoughts on the iWhite Korea BB,Holic BB Cream! I hope you like it. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave it in the comments section. Til next time!

Love, 
Maple :D


No comments:

Post a Comment