Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Let's Talk About Hair.

Mi long hair.
  I'm not even going to make an excuse about my long absence. But I've decided to post a little something something. I was at a blogging forum awhile ago and I was reminded about my love for writing! Of course I am still in love with anything fashion and beauty related, but writing, boy, have I missed this. With that in mind, I've been going through changes in life lately. Got a new job AND the topic of this post, hair (style and color). What better way to keep up with change other than to just go along with it? If you know what I mean. I was going through a lot of changes the past few months, both positive and negative. I am at that point in my life where I feel soooo lost. I wouldn't go into details though because I don't want to attract negative vibes on here. This is my safe place. Here, I am who I want to become. One random day, a light bulb lit inside my head. I wanted to cut my hair short. It was the easiest change I could make in such difficult times. What came in mind was the "long bob" since I recently saw a post on Jennifer Lawrence's new do and a lot of other celebrities were rocking the said 'do. As much as I loved JLaw, I got inspiration from Julianne Hough instead. I just recently saw "Safe Haven" and loved her hair styling there. Her hair was really short in the film and I'm not THAT adventurous. Besides, my hair was a few inches above my derriere, and it was a sensitive subject. My hair was, after all, my comfort zone, my security blanket. So I went ahead and Googled long bob and came across this photo of Julianne:

Photo taken from Google Images
     Upon seeing this image, I immediately thought: "I'm so doing this!" I called to my sister and headed out to the nearest mall.
With my sister, before the fateful haircut
    
During the haircut. Look at the fear on my face. :))
 Et voila!
   
          Excuse the grainy photo. I was trying to capture a good photo of myself. I think I made myself proud. Haha! It took a bit of getting used to, but I was immediately in love with my shorter 'do! I can't remember the last time I had short hair. It's not that drastic, but I still think it's something different. :) Second on my list was hair color. My coloring was turning patchy. I do my own hair coloring. I always use Revlon Colorsilk. For this hair color, I had on "Light Ash Brown." I hated how it looked on photos, it was obvious I needed retouching.
Patchy, I tell you!
     I was at Watson's and decided to check out the color aisle. I was standing there for several minutes, even chatted with the sales attendant. I was staring at the wide array of hair coloring products that they were offering. I knew I wanted to go dark, for the meantime. But how dark? I've decided to go with Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Soft Brown. The turn out:

Before and after.
     There you go! I think it's closest to my natural hair color. I love it. :) What do you think? I believe always believe that when I want an immediate change in my life, I start with my hair. I'm weird like that. :)

Love lots,
Maple

2 comments:

  1. You looked different with the dark color!!! The magic of hair dyes; I love it! ;) I'm planning to go for the "lob" (long bob) too! Probably soon, when my bangs finally grow. :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'll change it back to a lighter color though! I was just making my hair color consistent to prevent patchiness on my next dyeing. :)

      Delete