Sunday, July 29, 2012

We Don't Need A Reason To Dress Up

     As women, we have this natural love for beauty and glamour. Looking back to my childhood, little me would go through my mom and grand mom's closet and scour through their clothes, put on their high heels (no matter how big they were on my feet), and play with their cosmetics. What little girl never dreamed of becoming a princess in beautiful gowns and perfectly tousled hair? I did. :)
     Due to some circumstances, I grew up in shirts, jeans and sneakers. I was shy about what other people would say about me. It wasn't until my Junior year in High School where I come to the realization that I shouldn't let what other people think of me change who I wanted to be. I started dressing up a little more. I started eyeing clothes that are out of my  usual norm. After I got used to dressing a bit different from what I was used to, I gained a bit more confidence and started changing my wardrobe. Nope, it wasn't an instantaneous change. Little by little, my personal style changed into something I've always dreamed of. Dresses, skirts, blouses, heels, sandals, while keeping what was comfortable, in my own dictionary.
     Up until today, my personal style has been ever evolving. I am not the wild child, nor am I very experimental, but I like to change it up a bit every now and then. Last night, I went out with my friends on a dinner date. One of my friends told me that her mom was asking her where we were going because we were dressed out of our normal gears. :) This is where we came up with our topic: We don't need a reason to dress up. Thus, the title of my post. I'm actually impressed with the Filipino women because they are finally coming out of their shells. We all have our personal tastes and we dress up accordingly to what suits our preference.
      Go forth, Ladies. Dress up in clothes that you feel comfortable in. Do not let the opinion of others get you down, so long as you are happy with who you are. I believe that confidence can make one more beautiful. Just don't let the confidence get to your head, always stay grounded. :)
     Here are some pictures from last night's little trip with my friends:
Me, Iony, Cris and Asia



     What I wore:
Dress- Forever 21; Flats- Solemate; Vest- Freeway; Bag- Tomato; Bangle- Divisoria


     Keep smiling!

Love lots,
Maple

4 comments:

  1. the pictures are very nice. your blog is very good and interesting. follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for dropping by! Your comment means a lot to me. I try my very best to keep my blog going even though I am lagging a bit at the moment. I'll most definitely check out your blog. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. you have a wonderful circle of friends, and it's really true that we need to dress the way we like it. It somehow expresses our individuality, you look very nice too...go for it!...:)

    xx,
    www.chickturistanextdoor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful friends indeed! They're like family to me. :) Thank you for the comment and for dropping by. :)

      Delete