Sunday, April 1, 2012

Letting go...

...of my beloved mascara, that is. :)) So much for the dramatic title. Haha. Anyway, I am talking about my L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in blackest black.

RIP Oct. 2011-Apr. 1, 2012 (LOL)
     I got this tube from my mom who's in the US. Can I just say that I love these drugstore mascaras that are not available here in the Philippines. Yes, Covergirl is available here, but heck, it's over priced. What I do is I ask my mom to send me products from drugstore brands like Maybelline and L'oreal, instead. I cannot express how much I loved this tube. It wasn't hard to remove (can be washed off with water) but it stayed on very well. With lids as oily as mine, and a weather that's so hot and humid, this actually never smudged on me. :) The formula was a bit wet at first, but when applied, it gave me such natural and voluminous lashes. I recommend that you give this a try, if ever you get your hands on them. If only L'oreal will make this available along with all the wonderful products they have from Maybelline, then, I couldn't ask for more.

This mascara has tiny plastic spikes on its bristles. 
     But, as always, good things come to an end (drama). I knew that this was dying out on me because a few days ago, I noticed that it started flaking from my lashes. I have another mascara reserved after this died. But it was a pain to take off so I wouldn't dare use it everyday. I'm talking about the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus. 

Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus
     This is a wonderful mascara, gives me volume and length, but, I didn't want my lashes to go bald. When I got the chance awhile ago, I immediately rushed to a department store. I already had my sights on a couple of mascaras from Maybelline and Covergirl. I had no problems with the Maybelline price tag, but since I was using the same one before I got my L'oreal Million Lashes, I decided to give others a try. The Covergirl Lash Blast, on the other hand, as I've said earlier, is too over priced for my taste since my mom had access to it and she can send me a tube the next time she sends us goodies. I also keep in mind what Michelle Phan preached on her YouTube channel once, that you don't need to buy an expensive mascara since you're just going to throw it out after a few months of use. With those thoughts in mind, I decided to check out my last candidate, the Prestige My Biggest Lashes in Very Black. 

Price: Php 450 (from The Beauty Bar)
     And yes, this came home with me. :) 


     I'm excited to give this a try since I saw good reviews for this. This has a huge brush, which I love on my mascaras. I can't give you close-up shots of my eyes yet since our lenses take wide shots, rather than close ups. But hopefully, soon I can share with you how this goes. If only someone would bring Sephora here to the Philippines, then we're all set in make-up heaven. :)

     What's your favorite mascara? 

Love lots,
Maple 

No comments:

Post a Comment