Sunday, January 15, 2012

Laura robbed me!

...Mercier that is. And it really isn't a bad robbery. :) I was at Glorietta awhile ago with my sisters. We decided to check out the end of season sale that's happening mall-wide. I saw a lot of cute stuff but didn't purchase anything fashion-wise. I did buy one skirt from Forever 21 that was on sale for cheap. Anyway, that was not the entirety of our trip to the mall. My main reason was to purchase stuff from the Laura Mercier counter. I was  researching for a good foundation for a few days now. I came across the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation through sisters Elle and Blair Fowler from Youtube fame. They swear by this foundation. I also searched for other reviews regarding the product through Filipino beauty blogs like Shen's Addiction. When I was satisfied with all my research, I decided to check it out for myself. I asked, Geraldine, the nice lady at the Laura Mercier counter which was for better use here in the Philippines. She recommended the Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer instead of the Silk Creme Foundation since I will be using it on a daily basis. She also pointed out that my "young skin" suited the tinted moisturizer better. I didn't need the full coverage, in my opinion. I still wanted for my skin to breathe through so I decided to go with her advice. Lo and behold, the wonders that robbed me today. :))
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude and Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (Transparent)

 

These are my new babies. :) Geraldine also gave me a little demo of the Laura Mercier products. She removed my make-up and applied a fresh batch of LM goodness. I also got to try their toner and primer. Here's my final look.

No flash

w/ flash
At first try, I can say that I love the over all look on my face. I have very oily skin and I've been wearing their products for a good two hours now and I still haven't oiled it up, if you know what I mean. :)) The loose setting powder I purchased goes well with the tinted moisturizer that I purchased. I'm excited to give these a go and I'll let you know how it turns out. Hopefully, I get to post an ever day face make-up routine. I'm not really big on the full face make up, because I'm always in a hurry in the morning. The next LM products I have my eyes on are their face primer and concealer with corrector and under eye setting powder.

So, what make-up products are you excited about or have been loving for this month?

Love lots,
Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment